23 July, 2007

Dora and Col TS


Just wanted to give a quick shout out to my niece Mae Ellen who lives in Milwaukee and is a Dora freak and let her know that Tio Arturo ran into Dora out in the IZ the other day while in the J-4 shop. See even us old timers know who Dora is and can appreciate a Dora moment out in the middle of Iraq during a busy work day! By the way she told me to tell you to take good care of your mono "Pichi", make sure you listen to your mother and Viva Er Beti!!

Back to reality the weather here has been lousy as of late! Hot, dusty very low visibility and a hot wind that feels like it comes from hell. Today we hit 115, tomorrow 117 and by the beginning of next week 122. Got up early 0530 this morning to run and it was 91 when I started and actually dropped down to a cool 88 when I finished the run. It's amazing that a 25-30 degree drop is noticeable out here in the desert. Well gotta go and hit the sack since it's late and tomorrow is another day to excel!!

The Colonel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey tio Arturo,
Dora is even in Iraq!!! I love you and don't worry, I'm taking care of "Pichi". My mom says thanks for telling me to listen to her but as for the soccer team she prefers Real Madrid over Betis.
Love, Mae and your seeester