16 December, 2007

We Are The Champions!!!


Champions


Third time's the charm as my alma mater University of Wisconsin at Whitewater defeated Mt. Union 31-21 to claim the NCAA Division III Football Championship avenging two previous losses to Mt. Union in the past two finals and snapping their 36 game winning steak! I was fortunate to follow the game online thanks to ESPN and the match ended at 0330 hours our time here in Iraq.

Today besides sleeping in since it was my day off I got a chance to send off some letters, clean the room and work on the roof trying to get my satellite dish fixed since I have been without TV and radio for two weeks. After an hour or so we (one of the Iraqi Engineers and I) finally got it up and running and that's good news since I can now listen to soccer on the radio and my Betis plays today. Now all I need is the decoder card for La Liga so I can watch the soccer games instead of listening to them.

This week the new Training Advisor that I hired will arrive, he will be supporting our office on the training side ensuring that the various classes that the Depot Integrator sets up and conducts. Additionally he'll be the one who manages and reviews the curriculum that the DI develops for the Iraqi Army Depot training. The Iraqi have another Eid beginning on the 19th or is it the 20th this week which means that my counterparts will be off again for 4-5 days, so things will be slow and it will give us a chance to finalize prioritizing the task orders that we will have to drop once the DI contract is awarded.

That's about it for now.

The Colonel

No comments: