17 August, 2007

Franklin High School Class of 77--Thirty Year Reunion "Party On"


They say time never stops and it is true as this weekend back in Franklin Wisconsin my classmates will be celebrating our 30th High School Reunion. It's hard to believe that 30 years ago we were just a bunch of 18 year olds with the rest of our lives still in front of us, and here we are today celebrating all that we have done in these past 30 years. It seems like yesterday that we were going to Kiss and Queen concerts, wearing those bell bottom pants and those great looking polyester leisure suits, participating in sports, going to football and basketball games, for us guys enjoying the view in any of Ms Noble's classes and drinking beer out of I forgot whose boot at Senior Skip Out Day!

I guess the get togethers and parties start tonite, tomorrow is the big event and Sunday is the picnic which will wrap up the reunion weekend! I had looked forward to attending especially since I had a good time at our 20th reunion, but hey I've got nothing to complain about and there's always the 40th!! To all my fellow classmates, I hope you all are doing well and have a great weekend celebrating and enjoying each others company, I will partake in a nice cigar and can of non-alcoholic beer late tomorrow night after work and will offer a toast to all of us!

GO SABERS!!

The Colonel

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice blog, Sir! I particularly enjoyed your reminiscing about your High School memories - I'm missing my 10 year reunion next month, ironically. Take care and be safe!